Significant improvement in oxygenation
INOMAX is indicated to improve oxygenation and reduce the need for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in term and near-term (>34 weeks gestation) neonates with hypoxic respiratory failure associated with clinical or echocardiographic evidence of pulmonary hypertension in conjunction with ventilatory support and other appropriate agents.
Dosage and administration
- Recommended dosing of 20 ppm
- INOMAX must be administered using the INOmax DSIR, INOmax DS, or INOvent nitric oxide delivery systems
- Users of INOMAX or nitric oxide delivery systems must complete a comprehensive training program
- Maintain treatment for up to 14 days, or until underlying oxygen desaturation has resolved
- To wean INOMAX, downtitrate in several steps, pausing several hours at each step to monitor for hypoxemia
- Abrupt discontinuation of INOMAX may lead to increasing pulmonary artery pressure and worsening oxygenation even in neonates with no apparent response to nitric oxide for inhalation
- Users have 24/7 customer and technical support provided by Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals at 877-566-9466
- Keep available an independent backup INOMAX delivery system
Please see Full Prescribing Information.